"Welcome to my Blog".



"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning how to dance in the rain."




Friday, July 25, 2014

                                         

                                         
WHY CAN’T WE STAY YOUNG


Old memories of childhood days,
Running in my mind like a video plays.
Sunshine and swings, slides and sand,
Holiday parades and a marching band.

If I’m not busy with daily things,
Feeding the baby and all that brings.
My mind drifts off to sweeter times,
When I could play and make up rhymes.

My mother spoiled me, this is true
I had no cares or chores to do.
Just run and play and have great fun,
From sparkling morning to setting sun.

Mom cooked and sewed and made sweet jam.
Dancing and playing, reading “Green Eggs and Ham”.
We had such fun where went the time?
We were her world and she was mine.

In winter there where snowmen to make,
Snow suites, mittens and cookies to bake.
Hot chocolate with marshmallows in a cup
My sisters and I would drink it up.

Spring brought the flowers she loved so much.
Gardens of peonies, bulbs from the Dutch.
Roses and lilies all in a line,
Hedges of lilacs smelled so sublime.

But summer was the special time.
I thought the world was truly mine.
We played outside, or went to the lake
A picnic, blanket and towels we’d take.

They say all good things soon must end.
Why can’t we stay young or just pretend?
And mothers are to last forever,
Not disappear with stormy weather.

                                        Luanna Prater


                

No comments:

Post a Comment