"Welcome to my Blog".



"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning how to dance in the rain."




Friday, April 22, 2011

What's My Story

Ok, why I am so interested in the awareness and prevention of drowning?

I was a spoiled 11 year old when my mother and my best friend drowned. There was no warning, there rarely is, and no one to help, until it was too late. My friend, her sisters and I were playing in shallow water when an undertow dragged us into deeper water. The beach where we swam was, and still is, a state park. There were no life guards, no signs posted, yet, “swim at your own risk” was implied. How? There were changing booths, special parking areas, concession stands, park rangers cleaning the beaches and yet no life guards.

No comments:

Post a Comment