"Welcome to my Blog".



"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning how to dance in the rain."




Wednesday, April 23, 2014

CONTINUING MY STORY

     As I said in my last post, my niece has inspired me to continue with my writing. Her posts are so open and honest and I know they are, in a way, cathartic for her. As I was writing about the day my mother died, which was the same day that I almost lost my life. In reliving that day it came to me that there was someone who carried me to safety. This person was only a voice to me and strong yet gentle arms that carried me out of the water to the shore and then was gone. I never saw a face and now the memory of the voice is fading.
     That is a day that replays in my mind almost daily. This is something that I have never talked to my children or husband about. I want to put it all down, document what it is that I can not forget and maybe come to accept it at long last. I relive being taken out of the water but it never before accrued to me who that person was or could be. No one ever came froward. For all I know it could have been my own mother. She had saved others that day before loosing her own life.
     There are people that say they feel a presence that helps or guides them from time to time and they call that their guardian angel and rightly so. I do believe there are those that help us through this life. Few get to actually meet them, I did and I know they are here with me still today. There have been many times when I have asked for help or strength and I know God has been there or sent my angel to help me. You just know it, you can feel the burden get a little lighter or your mind ease. Yep, that's God and his Angels at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment